Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum - Musical - Set Design

Hey everyone!!, Here is a set I designed for the musical, "A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum" which was at the Waterfront Theatre in Vancouver, BC. It was produced by Triptych Theatricals. The set was done in 2D and built at the UBC scene shop. I was the lead painter and designer on this set. The costumes and lighting were really good on this show and really made the set POP!! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics and the commentary.

Everything is made from plywood, 2D with 3D paint effect. Doors swung both ways, just like Threes Company

Second levels were used by cast and accessed by ladder

Floor and walls are 2D. Stone work was hand drawn and painted by me...really cool effect...

The set comes alive with actors.

Costumes and props were perfectly matched!!!


Love when the back wall is lit.

Night time settings

I love this shot....


This bench is also 2D...

Second level looks great full of people.

Here is my partner Jeff and myself in front of the set....I just love this picture of us

































































































Thanks for checking out my blog! Hope you enjoyed the pictures:)

1 comment:

Maggie H. said...

Hi Lance, I love your set!! Can you tell me the dimensions of your pieces? I am directing FORUM to open May, 2012. Our stage is quite small, heightwise, so I was wondering basically the height of the buildings. I loved the total look of your design, thanks for posting the pictures.