Sunday, March 27, 2011

Same Time Next Year - Set Design

In 2004 I was asked to design the set for Footlight Theatre's production of "Same Time Next Year." I was also the lead painter. I decided to go for a Television studio style set, because of the "Three's Company" type comedy in the script. I decided to create a 1920's Hollywood Spanish look for the design elements. I think it worked out great and the show was a successful production!! Please enjoy the pictures and comments!
Most of the decor is from my personal prop supply. The headboard, stools and vanity was custom made.

Chairs are custom made. The colors are warm and rich. The trees are 2 dimensional.

Seeing the outside deck is important, adds interest.

Fireplace/bookcase/shelving unit is made from scratch

Concept sheets

Concept sheet

Set Model

Actual Set
Thanks again! Please check out my other entries:)

No comments: